Thursday, August 11, 2011

In the house

Last week we finally got our stuff back from our time in the UK. 
It took us a very long while to get ourselves sorted, and our very very kind and long-suffering friends in London were so helpful and arranged everything over there for us, so that we could get it shipped back. It all arrived in perfect condition and intact and we are very thankful. 

It was a bit like Christmas opening everything up again - as it has been two years since we have been back in NZ, we had forgotten a lot of what we had left in the UK. 

Amongst everything was a bunch of art that I had done while I was over there. It was stuff that I had done before starting my animation course, and it is really interesting to see how much I have learnt since then from drawing full-time!

However today I thought that I would share with you a water colour painting that I did. It was when I was trying to teach myself to use water colours, because I hadn't really used them before - and there is quite a knack to it! Didn't get to practice as much as I would have liked, but this one was one of the first that I was happy with, and which gave me more confidence to keep trying! 
If anyone has any tips on painting with water colours I am all ears. : )


Hope everyone has an enjoyable weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment