Thursday, September 15, 2011

Layouts

Since I haven't had the time to do some of my own stuff, I thought I'd share with you a little bit of what we have been doing at school this week. Next week we have our layout exam, so we had a practice run this week. 

The way we've been taught, you get given the storyboards then have to separate everything out from that, so the background, characters, camera instructions and field guide all have to be on separate layers - much like it would be once you were animating. So I scanned mine in and composited them roughly in Photoshop so you get a better idea of how they will look once all the layers are combined. 





10 points to anyone who can guess what movie it is that the storyboards were taken from. I'll give you some clues. It's a black and white movie from the 60's - the acronym for it is 'NOTLD'.

It's a lot of work, but it's fun - and we only had 12 scenes to layout in 4 days, whereas our tutor told us that you could have as many as 80 in a week! : P Maybe one day I'll be that fast, but not yet! 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cheated and I googled the acronym... I'll let a non-cheater guess ;0

    I always like seeing what you and your pencil get up to, Hannah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehehe that's ok Lauretta! I didn't say that you weren't allowed to use the internet! You get ten points. : )

    ReplyDelete