Monday, March 5, 2012

Sneaky Sketches

Wow today went fast. 
It was afternoon tea and to me it felt like the start of lunch! I quite like days like that!

This afternoon after work I met up with the lovely girl that I am tutoring - and we met at Starbucks which is fun. I got there quite early so I started sneaky sketching people. Muahahahaha. 

Here is this one dude that I was drawing. 


He was perfect to sneaky sketch because he seemed to very much be in his very own world. He looks a little sad here, but I don't think he was, I think he was just preoccupied. 

He did the standard thing that people seem to do these days when they are in a cafe. As he sat down and placed what probably was a grande trim caramel macchiato with extra cream and sprinkles (you can tell I don't go to Starbucks much)(and who orders trim and then gets cream on top?! We would probably be surprised)(anyway, I digress); 
as he put down his drink and sat down, he pulled out his phone and took a photo of his drink. 

I'm guessing it looked a bit like this:
Yeah that's me in the background just before I started sneaky sketching. 
And yes, I am still working on my drawing in Photoshop skills I promise. 

The rest of the time he sat there staring at his drink - probably musing on how artistic it looked. I liked him anyway - he seemed quirky, and I'm all for quirky. 

Anyway, the moral of the story is that I was able to draw him quite happily, seemingly without him realizing that I was doing so. Whereas everyone else that I tried sneaky sketching would just happen to look in my direction when I was glancing up at them - which made for quite a few awkward moments. 



Yeah. Not ideal. 
I will keep practicing my dodgy as Photoshop sketching skills and one of these days tell the story of how I fell down the ramp at work and bunged up my foot so now it's really fat. 

Everybody loves a good falling down story. Well based on the popularity of those 'America's Funniest Home Video' shows everyone does anyway. 

Until next time... :)





3 comments:

  1. This post made me smile - especially the expressions on the faces of the two characters in the bottom images! Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute post Hannah!! I am really loving your little photoshop sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This happens to me alllll the time!!!!!! So awkward! Its the worst when they are angry.

    ReplyDelete