Thursday, January 2, 2014

It's the word...

Grease. 
Ah that classic tale of teenagerdom. All the innuendo that I didn't pick up as a kid. Yikes. 
Pretty cool characters though - and most excellent music. It's just fun. 

So I thought it was about time that I watched it again last night and did some sketches of some of the Grease peeps. I am in the need for practice so they didn't all come out the way that I would have liked, however it was a good start. 

Here's my version of Frenchie...

She was always one of my most favorite characters and I don't really think that I did her justice here, but it was fun to draw anyway. I've also done versions of Rizzo, Sandy and a not so great one of Kenickie - so will add them up over the next week or so. 

Another thing that I would like to work on this year is style. I got a couple of amazingly cool Christmas presents this year - 'Design' and 'Layout & Background' from the Walt Disney Animation Studios Archive series. They are pretty amazingly fantastic!


No comments:

Post a Comment